TheLorry is a leading technology-empowered logistics platform in South-East Asia. We offer a comprehensive and integrated marketplace model, where we connect professional drivers with corporate and individual customers through game-changing technology. TheLorry enables Multinational Corporations (MNCs) and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to be more agile, effective, and cost-efficient with award-winning solutions. Partnering with more than 10,000 professional and background-checked drivers, TheLorry aims to deliver an enhanced logistics experience in its vision to be the most trusted logistics platform and market leader in the region.
TheLorry team is passionate about a lot of things, like lorries, deliveries, and the health benefits of tea versus coffee. We’re also passionate about serving each other well.
We require a human resources manager to oversee our team, bolster company culture, and ensure compliance with all regulations, laws, and company policies to uphold the TheLorry brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage daily HR operations
- Oversee the hiring process, including reviewing applicants and conducting interviews
- Collaborate with department heads to identify hiring needs
- Update job descriptions as needed during the hiring process
- Continually update the “Careers” page on our website
- Collaborate with department heads to update and initiate employee training
- Research federal and state employment laws and labor policies
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and labor policies
- Negotiate with management regarding employee complaints, payroll, or benefits
- Conduct market research on employee compensation and benefits
- Strategize systems and initiatives for better employee culture
- Communicate all plans and operations progress to the board
- Improve communication strategies and channels across departments and between employees/management
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience in HR management.
- Excellent negotiator and problem solver
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (English & Bahasa Malaysia)
- Detail-driven and relationship-focused to foster Cedar Garland’s employment culture